First Year Associate / Junior Associate
We are GPS Legal & Consulting – a full service law firm providing legal counsel and business management services in Thailand. Be part of a young and growing company while working in a fun and friendly, team-driven environment.
We are now seeking highly qualified candidates to join our dynamic and fast growing firm.
Qualifications at Glance:
- Thai national; female or male
- Bachelor degree in Law (or Juris Doctor)
- Fresh graduates and/or Junior Attorneys with up to 3 years’ experience practicing law
- Basic knowledge of Thai civil and commercial law procedure
- Strong command of the English language
- Highly responsible, independent and self-motivated
- Location: Bangkok
We believe that the best lawyers are frequently the most “complete” professionals. As a result, we take a generalist approach to professional development. Our goal is to help young lawyers to develop essential skills and broad-based knowledge, instead of narrow niches of legal expertise—especially at the outset of their careers.
As a junior litigator, you will draft motions and briefs and take and defend depositions. In pro bono and smaller matters, you may be asked to conduct trials and hearings. Junior corporate lawyers draft and negotiate corporate agreements, as well as play critical roles in due diligence and closings of prominent transactions. Whether a litigator or corporate lawyer, you will have direct, frequent contact with clients from the outset.
At GPS, we look for and hire future partners, not employees. We set no timetable or hierarchy for associate responsibility—except to increase the challenge steadily to enable each attorney to expand his or her skillset. The type of work assigned to associates is limited only by their desire and capabilities.
First Year Associates must have successfully attained their LL.B. (or J.D.) while Junior Associates must also have attained their law licence and have between 1 and 3 years’ prior experience in a law firm or corporate legal department. Our lawyers MUST be fluent in English and have excellent analytical, communication, diplomacy, legal research and writing skills. You must be able to communicate legal matters clearly and concisely to foreign clients and management.
You will have the following Roles & Responsibilities
- Researching and analysing the law on a variety of issues with varying complexity as well as writing briefs for submission to a supervising lawyer;
- Synthesizing legal research and analysis into a coherent written memorandum or brief for submission to a client, court or arbitrator;
- As a junior litigator, assisting a supervising lawyer to appear in a court of law, arbitration or other judicial tribunal on behalf of the firm’s clients and presenting well-reasoned arguments to the judicial body;
- Analysing and summarizing various legal documents of varying complexity, including contracts, and suggesting alterations to those documents;
- Assisting in negotiations with outside parties on contractual issues and legal disputes, including settlement conferences;
- Anticipating and mitigating potential legal problems within the law firm or for a client;
- Performing due diligence in legal matters concerning contracts, agreements, and mergers and acquisitions.
If you think you are our perfect candidate, email your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.